Thursday 30 May 2013

Ideas Round Up: Bunting

I have been making quite a bit of bunting lately, but not only that, I have noticed that there is quite a lot of other crafts featuring bunting about at the moment. So what can you do this week that is a bit bunting-y?

Personalised bunting
I have a listing for this in my Etsy shop - this particular bright cakes one I made for my daughters birthday. You can pretty much add any message or sentiment to bunting, printed on, appliqued, the pennant's your plaything!



Bunting Cushions 
An excellent scrap buster, quite a quick sew and looks so great. There are some nice examples on Pinterest. I have a cushion and applique ideas board here


This is by Tracey B Designs on Etsy


Bunting Card
I love stitching stuff onto card! Such a great way of getting a really lovely effect, which makes for a special card.  I have made bunting cards in the past but I don't have any pictures of mine, so here's another lovely Etsy seller Nikelcards.


Non-Fabric Bunting
Bunting can be in any size, any material. I like to sew, but maybe you love working with vintage books, or glass!
Ladybird Book Bunting by The Woolly Dog
Striped Glass Bunting on Folksy by Amy Orange Juice



Cake Bunting
Finally, if you just can't get enough of bunting, check out this Liberty mini bunting for cakes by Jooles of Sew Sweet Violet. This just whispers of true English whimsy - what's not to love?

Cake Banner Bunting on Etsy by Sew Sweet Violet





1 comment:

the woolly dog said...

Lovely idea for a post, (I really like the cushion), and thank you very much for including my bunting.♥