Friday 23 September 2011

Dresses for Malawi

Back in May I blogged about a project that I had been involved in, to make a dress for a child in Malawi. If you would like to recap feel free.

Imagine my delight today when lovely Louise from Sew Scrumptious posted up some photos of the first batch arriving in Malawi and my dress is being worn by a (quite big) girl. Here is the post, and you can find my dress in the last picture - but just take a minute to look at those sweet happy children. I feel so happy that I spent a little of my time making that dress and I never thought I would actually get to see the face of the child it went too. So thank you Louise, for all your time and effort that went into co-ordinating the effort - so far she has sent 150 dresses to Africa and recieved over 300 from crafty peeps. Way to go!!

2 comments:

Sew Scrumptious said...

Thanks for the lovely mention. Well done to you for making such a lovely dress! It has been so lovely to see the photos and makes it all worth while. Feeling quite pleased with myself!!

Isobel said...

you should! Hope you get all the dresses to their new owners with similar success. x