Monday 13 June 2011

Skirt Week

For any of you who are looking for some make inspiration this week, and a chance to show off your skills, it's Skirt Week over at Crafterhours. I have been hoarding some fantastic summer fabrics lately with a idea that I would make something for the girls, so this might be the time to get on with it! I'd like to make something for myselfl but it'd better have an elasticated waist har har.

Can I get away with this as a maternity skirt if I add an elasticated deep rib waistband instead of wide elastic?

I have been meaning to make this since last year and I have some cute pink and white butterfly lawn that would be good. 

sigh.

or maybe I will just go take a nap before DD2 wakes up. 






2 comments:

Sugarplum Kawaii said...

Don't see why not re. the maternity skirt...just maake nice and stretchy for expansion! as for 'going to market' skirt...really lovely...and If I were younger I'd wear one to my jewellery parties to stuff all my sales cash in!

Isobel said...

tee hee hee they never make ladies clothes with great pockets like that eh?!