Monday 13 June 2011

Loving the Dump!

No, I am not referring to my house this time. Went down to the dump and found the glorious 'dump shop' where they sell on all the bits of furniture and what-not that is halfway sound. I may have found my next obsession. Managed to disgust my husband by rummaging for ages in a large vat of stained and ripped textile items ('Anything 50p') but my tenacity paid off and I found a large hand embroidered tablecloth. It is ripped and cut in several places but as soon as I saw the embroidery my sad little mind was thinking 'Christmas'. I already have a range of Swiss inspired decorations in mind, mainly due to the fact that I was given some adorable swiss ribbon recently. The little black and red hearts here will look very sweet on hanging heart tree decorations, methinks. But I will probably wait a few months to do this. Panic not, I'm pretty sure that it is still too early for Christmas making. Or is it?




Me and My Shadow

This post is part of Magpie Mondays over at Me and My Shadow - click on the bird!

6 comments:

Isobel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Isobel said...

yeah sorry - shouldn't be allowed until September x

Liz Burton said...

Wow! Our local tip doesn't do that :0( In fact my hubby climbed in to retrieve something and got a telling off!!

The fabric is lovely, perfect for Xmas - maybe napkins if there's enough usable fabric.

Thanks for linking up x

JeTaimeVintage said...

That looks prettier than anything Ive found in a tip shop, but love a good rummage in them when I have to get building materials for work!Makes me feel Christmasy at this time of year as getting so cold here.

Erika Price said...

How pretty! I love rummaging too, preferably when my husband is NOT with me, LOL!!!! Erika Price Jewelry

Isobel said...

next time I go I have to make sure my car boot is empty! They had a mirror and an armchair that looked like they would be nice with a bit of TLC/major renovation! Hard to resist....