Monday 9 May 2011

Magpie Monday - An introduction

As rummaging in the locale and picking up interesting things is something I love, I thought that I would start taking part in the Magpie Monday blog hop hosted by Me And My Shadow. At least then I can show off things I've found rather than simply hoarding them!

Me and My Shadow

This week I have got a bit of a gem, but sadly can't find my camera so I have had to scan it instead -  I was at my local Thrifty Finds shop looking for some vintage textiles to give me some inspiration for what I am going to make next, when I saw a lovely tray cloth embroidered on both ends with a romantic lady. Such a sweet thing, but, as a tray cloth, pretty unlikely to get used. If I can bear to cut it, I will make it into a sweet make-up purse. If not, it will live in my sewing room looking dainty!!


Finally I would like  to ask any fellow magpies what they would use these for - I bought this incomplete french  game from the 1960s because I completely fell in love with the wonky printing and slightly worn look to the whole thing - I am sure I can put the little cards to good use but what? Shall I scan them in and have them printed up as fabric? Or sell them to a scrapbooker? Or just keep them to goad my children into learning French?



5 comments:

Liz Burton said...

Hi! Sorry was being dim - I couldn't see the comment bit to click - for some reason it was covered over by the thumbnails for your other posts?!

Aaaaanyhow, welcome!! Thanks so much for joining glad to have you on board.

I adore your French cards - I think I'd frame them up. They are gorgeous.

Sugarplum Kawaii said...

Love the romantic lady! Looking forward to your finished crafty make-over with it(-;

carole said...

What lovely finds :)) x

Lorna May said...

wow lovely finds.
The game would look great printed onto fabric.
Or sold to a scrapbooker (ahemmm).

Have fun using them and keep us posted what you decide.
{Dab and a dash.}

Isobel said...

Oh really Lorna - did I detect hinting.........!!