Friday 4 February 2011

Folksy Friday - The Good Life!

Inspiration strikes this week in the form of a homage to one of my all time favourite TV shows The Good Life. Spent most of this week making a dress from a 1970's pattern, to wear to a fancy dress party this weekend. Pictures of this will follow and will merit a post on Sew Retro I think, as I have been rather quiet on the dress making front. Until this week! Once I have hemmed the purple "Margot's Nightdress" (as I have dubbed it) I have to start on a makeshift Flamenco dress for European Week. Sew Sew Sew!!! But first a little light hearted moment.




To get the Good Life you will need:
Goat's Milk - Oakwood Soaperie
Vegetables to spare - Kate Broughton
A love of Handmade - Mark Smalley
A Margot Apron (of course) - Audreys Cat
Chicken in the Yard - Kettle of Fish
Green Fingers! - Galavant
And a big dollop of  LOVE, 1970s style - Kirsty Griffin

2 comments:

Lorna May said...

Great theme.
Love Good life one of the best tv shows ever. How cute is the mini watering can??
{Dab and a dash.}

Sugarplum Kawaii said...

Ah...The Good Life! Now we're talking! I love this series...particularly the Christmas edition when they all got a bit tipsy and flirty.

Great choices... and a super witty post (-;