Sunday 6 February 2011

Margot's Nightdress

As I mentioned in the previous post, I  have been dressmaking this week. After deciding to go to a fancy dress disco (which was last night - sooooooooooo tired right now!) I had to get out the patterns and find myself something. This lovely maxi dress jumped out at me, I've been wanting to have a go at it for ages, but not really had a suitable occasion. Anyway, the combination of the pattern, and an original 1970s duvet cover I have been hoarding have combined to create this completely mental outfit that looks a lot like a nightie! And like something Margot from The Good Life would have worn. So that's a happy thing. I did get some funny looks when I wore it last night  - not at the disco (there was someone dressed as an Oompa Loompa: I blended right in) - but the other diners in the Chinese Restaurant I went to were surprised as I wafted past them. Just spreading the love xx



3 comments:

Sugarplum Kawaii said...

Superb!

Sew Scrumptious said...

Love it! That is a fantastic dress. Margo would be proud!!

Catherine Daze said...

Glorious - and I did think 'Margot' as soon as I saw the picture!