Friday 28 January 2011

Folksy Friday - Patchwork Pieces

As I am still flush with the success of finishing a quilt in time for the actual birthday of it's actual intended recipient (miracolo) I thought I would create a Folksy Friday around this time-consuming, potentially thrifty and always fascinating textile art form.







And if you haven't had quite enough of quilts, here is a peek at the one I made, now gracing a cosy little bed. I took this photo before I had sewed the backing on properly, if you are wondering why it's so untidy at the edges. Meh. I still get that warm smug feeling everytime I see it. Those tumbling blocks are HAND STITCHED I will have you know, every one paper pieced by moi. Won't be doing that again in a hurry!


5 comments:

Sue, Lynwoodcrafts said...

Patchwork has always been a pashion of mine - some lovely finds. Thank you for including my needlecase.

Sue

NOfkantsCurios said...

So much work goes into these patchwork inspired items, it is wonderful and makes me feel very English and country garden.

Natalie x

Lorna May said...

wow these really are works of art.
Yours is amazing and definately worth all the work.
{dab and a dash.}

Rebecca said...

Thank you for featuring my patchwork cushion on your lovely blog! x

Unknown said...

Ohh what a wonderful collection, i have always loved creating patchworked item & thank you so much for including 'Luna bleu'

Chic Throws