Sunday 12 December 2010

Wrestling with holly and other festive pursuits


Now that it is officially After The Birthdays for 2010, I can think about Christmas properly. Which, obviously, means sitting at home eating a mince pie whilst having tetchy phone conversations with a wind-chilled Mr Dolly about trunk circumference as related to our metal christmas tree stand. In a house where you become entangled in sewing equipment with almost every step, why can't I EVER find a tape measure when I need one?

I spent most of Saturday lashing branches of holly, ivy and cyprus to a curtain pole, which looks nice, and trying to make a wreath, which is a disaster. I had intentions of creating many pine cone balls. But now I have one, it is hard to consider beginning another. Also, my hands hurt from all the foliage.

No comments: