Monday 19 August 2013

Vintage Fun at The Ageas Bowl, Southampton

On Saturday I somehow managed to convince everyone that we wanted, as a family, to visit  Yellow Vintage Fair that was happening at The Ageas Bowl in Southampton. How I achieved this I will never know, possibly because the flyer mentioned 'lots to do for the kiddies', and my children are always on the look out for another opportunity to wreck themselves on a bouncy castle.

 Anyhow, if I had gone on my own I probably would have seen more, more closely, but spent a lot more too, so I can't decide if I am glad they all tagged along or not! Of course, we left with one thing... for the children. How do they do that!?!



My fave latest finds were some fun tables using board game emphemera from Another Man's Treasure from Romsey. They also had some great lamps. 


A luscious display of fabric, glasses and jewellery from Many Happy Returns (find them in Wickham Market) but alas I am on a fabric buying moratorium.






The children were enchanted by the singing of The Cadettes ('oh Mummy, they're singing the Tomato Tornado song!') which made a long wait for coffee most enjoyable, and there were also lots of girls dressed up, which I like to see! Sadly, I was not allowed to go and get my hair in a Victory Roll at the Vintage Hair stall. Vintage Hair Lounge is so cool (@vintagehair on Twitter).

True to the flyer there was a whole kids area, next to the bar, so I guess it was a Dads creche too. Plenty of ice cream and bouncing tired them out, giving me a few more precious minutes with the bakelite and frocks.

I hope that the Yellow Vintage Fair will be on again soon. Although next time I might not take the kids...........

No comments: