Tuesday 5 June 2012

Is It Still The Jubillee?

Look! I even have Jubillunting Oil Cloth, from Dunelm Mill. 
Happy Anniversary Ma'am and all that but as this is now the 5th day of national celebration around here I am a little fatigued. Plus I have run out of red, blue and white outfits. Did her Majesty stop to consider my laundry? I doubt  it.


It began on Friday with the School picnic/balloon release (Apparently, we must refer to this event as The Jubilloon Day) continued onto Saturday with a traditional Fete (complete with Patriotic Llamas and Union Jack becoated dogs - I kid you not). 




Sunday came, as did a Thanksgiving Service where my daughter was delighted to bellow out the National Anthem, which she has been constantly doing since she memoraised the words on Friday. Onto a Jubillar-be-que at the Village Hall (more bunting and cupcakes, less llamas). Monday - some respite although the children were barrelling around waving their Union Jack flags and wearing cardboard crowns, and now! Another Jubillar-be-que at a friends house later this afternoon and as it is raining my husband is watching the TV.But not the sports, oh no. It's STILL the Jubillee. No. More. Royal. Family. Argggg.


No comments: