Tuesday 3 January 2012

New Years Revolutions

....as my daughter so charmingly calls them - the time of the year for making grand statements about what we intend to do over the next year is upon us. I thought that if I commit mine to the blogosphere then maybe it will help me stick to them. I have a lovely excuse for not starting my resolutions yet, as until this baby arrives (due in 2 days!!) my life seems literally on hold. Nothing revolutionary, actually, but then how many 40 week pregnant woment do you know who are ready to storm Parliament? Well I might, but only if by doing so I could get a Cadbury's Creme Egg.

1. Fitness. After my 6 week all clear I might start Zumba. That looks fun, and it will get me out of the house. Alternatively looking after 3 children may just be the death of me anyway.

2. Relationship. Ref: Date Night - As I have recently successfully found a pleasant and reliable local teenager I would now like to resume the fun element of my marriage please. However when this begins is a moot point (See above qualifying statement regarding Death Of Me).

3.  Work. My Folksy and Etsy shops are both shut for January, because I could not think about sewing and babies and all the birthday parties that are happening this month without feeling a bit like a caged animal. But in February I will write a business plan and re-open my shop with New Stock, and do a regular Craft Fair. This is the year I BREAK EVEN.

Further Ambitions!

4. This is also the year that I get Mr to put in those raised beds that are living in the garage, and start my veg patch. The plan there is also get a chicken run and turn part of the garden into a useful food producing area. This is highly dependant upon what life is like with 3 kids and it is definately something that might have to wait until 2013!
A pretty pincushion which I made at Christmas

No comments: