Wednesday 4 May 2011

Hoping to make an unknown child happy.........

So just before I cut the end off my finger and effectively slowed production down alot, I managed to complete one of my pet projects for this month, which being a charity one got done quickly because I love the feel-good glow! Louise at Sew Scrumptious is co-ordinating a pillowcase dress makeathon in aid of the charity endeavour Dress A Girl Around The World.

So as I have now completed and sent mine off, here's a peek. It's got quite wide shoulder ties, co-ordinating coral bias tape, and a multi-stripe seersucker body. I completely stole the idea of adding a fancy machine stitch to it from a dress that another maker sent to Louise - but those fancy pants settings so rarely get used, it is a pleasure to add a bit of extra je-ne-sais-quoi!

You can see others that we sewing bloggesses have made, ready to send to little girls who need a new pretty something to make them smile, if you click this link: Sew Scrumptious.


4 comments:

Amy said...

Whoever gets it will love it! Next a jumper for someone who lives somewhere cold???

Isobel said...

Ah you mean http://www.afghansforafghans.org/

Sew Scrumptious said...

Thanks so much for the dress and the mention!! I couldn't resist a peek. it looks gorgeous!! Can't wait for the postman to arrive. Will blog about it when it arrives. x

Gracie's Garden Bazaar said...

The dress is so sweet..sure the recipient will be delighted!xx