Thursday 10 February 2011

Pattern Wednesday - Look on the Bright Side Tank Top

OK OK I know that there is a basic error in the title: it is not Wednesday! But I just got around to posting this today. I am on a kind of 12 hour time lag at the moment. If you could see my house you would realise that the disorganisation is not just blog related.

Here we have a simply 'lovely' men's tank top in what the magazine claims is an easy cheat for Fairisle, making a several colour sweater but only two colours at a time. "Cunning". Shame it makes you look like you have stolen a blanket from the Peruvian Musicians in the High Street and cut it up to make a tank top. The styling in this photoshoot is adorably romantic/camp. I love their unkempt hair. And this must be the last recorded sight of a full beard on a male model. Enjoy.

UPDATE! I have now suceeded in saving the file in an acceptable format so now you can view the whole pattern including the chart for the tank in the large picture here





4 comments:

Sugarplum Kawaii said...

My Dad wore Tank tops in the 1970's. They weren't as jazzy looking as these. They were various shades of chocolate Brown (-;

Isobel said...

yes my dad had a lovely one in shades of brown and orange. :-/

Amy said...

OMG the bloke with the beard looks like Brad Pitt's dad!
Layla my love, full beards are all the rage with the men these days, where have you been? Even Mark has one x

Isobel said...

Mark has one! Really. Beard fashion has not hit Hampshire yet!