Saturday 20 November 2010

A sweet momento of someone elses past

I was at an Antiques Shop recently, when I spotted this photo of a little girl in a dusty corner of the place, half hidden behind some other stacked up frames. I wonder if the sitter has grandchildren of her own now. I wonder why this picture was left abandoned although it clearly once meant so much to someone. When it was taken, someone carefully hand coloured this little lady, from the blue eyes to the red hat on her doll. And check out her dress! It looks hand embroidered - the detail is not so easy to see here but there are little animals (puppy, duck) and flowers all over it. Although I was not shopping for wall art, I had to buy her. She can sit in my sewing room and help to remind me of how precious a hand made thing can be.

No comments: