Monday 3 December 2012

Busy little fingers

Here at Dolly Towers I have been fiendishly slaving away at my sewing machine, getting the orders book clear and doing some Christmas makering. 

My most favouritist commission ever is finished and dispatched. I hope the eventual recipients love it as much as I do. It was bunting for triplet! baby! girls! They had such adorable names and I hope that now they are out of hospital their *poor* *lucky* parents can have the joy of them. But I got to play with some really lovely Riley Blake fabrics and make them something that I hope they will enjoy for many years.






Meanwhile my own children are growing like happy weeds here in the Hampshire mud. The baby who hardly seems to have been here longer than an eyeblink took his FIRST STEPS this week. His physical precocity is both marvellous and terrifying. I have needed cupboard locks like never before. His idea of fun is: crawl into deserted room, locate smashable thing, smash it. Strewth! My hoarded preserving jars, sob sob. That combined with a 2 3/4 year old who (this week alone) has actually sneaked off to eat: Sudocreme, lip balm, toothpaste, 500g contraband stolen chocolate log, as well as her normal food. I mean, does this sound like they are roaming unsupervised and feral? Well I watch them like a hawk! I'm (have been accused of being) the archetypal Helicopter Mum. Except that when there's 3 to hawkeye that is one tiiiiirrred helicopter.
So there's a few Christmas productions, craft fairs, parties, bake sales, work do's and all that malarky blocking up my sanity time this month! Gotta love this time of year. Onwards and upwards........ Next stop Swanmore Craft and Gift Fair on 8th December



No comments: