Wednesday 2 November 2011

A years worth of quilting to come

It is my intention to create a quilt for my marital bed. However, making a large quilt, indeed any size of quilt, is quite a big deal for me. As much as I love patchwork I do have a tendancy to bodge it! So I am taking a slow lane approach to this one, and am following the Bloggers Block of the Month curated by Canton Village Quilt Works. True to form I am already behind and it only started on the 25th September, but at least I have done my first block and am ready to do the 2nd! You can see the actually lovely and properly made quilt blocks from everyone else at the official BOM flickr pool. I have gone for a lilac colourway as I have plans for my bedroom and they involve the colours purple, lilac and grey. So expect to see more of those colours here! The zoo fabric might seem a little, ahem, childish, for a grown-ups bed, but I love the colours and also love the randomness of  scrap patchwork. My scanner has crumpled this. I assure you it is less wonky than this in RL.

September 2011 Block

 

No comments: