Wednesday 14 September 2011

Buttons, Bows .... and Marshmallows!

After the past few days of floundering around under a massive to-do list I finally feel like I have managed to achieve ... something!

Mainly it's because I have finished the three navy blue satin sashes that have been blighting my life for the past few weeks. Can I just say that - I HATE working in satin. I did not know this before, but I shall try to stay away from it in future. Urg, too slippery. The sashes are for three little bridesmaids, it is a family wedding and so of course I wanted them to be perfect. Making them was perfect hell, but no-one will know that on the day! I can't photograph them yet but hopefully will have an adorable picture of them being worn after the weekend. 

As I was being completely sewing obsessed mummy I had an attack of guilt and let the kids go on a massive (supervised!) baking rampage. Our new favourite recipe is below and might I add it's perfect for all those times you need a sugar hit like a mallet. Mmmmmmm Marshmallow!

Mallow Cakes


25g butter plus extra for greasing.
160g marshmallow (that's a bag of the big pink and white haribo ones)
90g rice crispies
sprinkles

Grease a shallow dish or cake tin. Sprinkle your sprinkles all over the bottom of it.
Melt the butter in a pan, adding the marshmallows until they are melted.
Add the rice crispies and stir until mixed well in.
Turn the mixture out into your greased and sprinkled tin - you may like to use a greased spoon to press it down flat.

Wait for it to cool. Turn out onto a board covered in some grease-proof paper and cut into squares/chunks.

Eat. Hooray!

NB: these don't keep too well. Glory be, you'll have to eat them in 24 -48 hours.

No comments: