Wednesday 31 August 2011

Plums Again

So here I am checking in after another mammoth session of plane trips with small children (madness - never attempt a flight with an 18m old - they do not do sitting still). And of course as soon as I return home and peek into my garden what do I see but a plum tree that is still trying to break itself under the sheer weight of plums. 

So far I have made: 

Plum Chutney
Plum Jam (shall make more - it's nearly already gone as visitors seem to fall upon homemade jam like starving hoardes)
Plums in Syrup - a gamble? Looks nice in the jar currently
Stewed Plums
Plum Crumble

The children are also doing their best to eat as many plums as possible although I worry what this is doing to their insides. 

Next month: apples





    

2 comments:

Sugarplum Kawaii said...

Mmmm...yummy Plums!

I like to slow roast mine with Cinnamon stick, brown sugar, Vanilla essence, Orange and Lemon peel and juice and a good slug of a Cointreau. (-;

Isobel said...

Yum!! Only I am a bit sick of them right now - but I will feel all happy when I can smugly get out my jars in mid-winter!